November 7 - 10

Dear Kindergarten Families,

We learned about Remembrance day this week.  We talked about why we wear a poppy and we had a short assembly in our classroom on Thursday.  We read a book about Peace and we drew what peace means to us in our journals.

Literacy:

In literacy this week we read the story SO MUCH SNOW,  by Robert Munsch.  We read the book on Monday, Tuesday,  and Wednesday.  I can talk about my favourite part of the story with a partner. I can vote for my favourite part of the story on Tuesday and I can help my class draw to demonstrate who was in the story, what this part of the story was about and where the story took place.  I can do my own drawing in my art journal on Wednesday, to illustrate my favourite part of the story, So Much Snow.


Math:

In math this week I can us my feet to measure the length, and width of the carpet and the number of steps it takes to get to the door to line up for gym or the library.

Centres:

We continued to dress and feed the dolls in our house centre and brought food to share with others in the classroom.  I can learn about healthy food and how to look after myself and others when I eat healthy food.  I can bring healthy food for snacks and share with my peers what food group my snack belongs in.  We continued to play at tub toys, Lego, light table, blocks, sand and play doh.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog