Kindergarten News September 26 - 29

This week in kindergarten we discussed why we wear orange shirts.  The students were inquisitive and wondered why some children were treated differently and taken from their homes.  Our Educational Assistant shared that she was raised in a different home as well.  Thank you for supporting our learning and sending your child in an orange shirt this week.  We were able to practice a sharing circle outdoors this week.  The Sharing Circle story was one of our literature stories that discussed how to solve a problem when friends have disagreements.  I can share my feelings in a sharing circle too.

I can colour an orange shirt and share why I matter and why others matter.  




We continued learning with a variety of stations this week.

Station 1  Cutting - I can cut out simple shapes



Station 2  Fine Motor - I can make my name out of playdoh

Station 3  I can draw a picture to represent the letter of the week  This week was the letter 'Bb'



Station 4  I can practice making my letter 'Bb' at our printing centre

.       



Station 5 Math. - I can use blocks to show how to represent numbers with counting



We played at a variety of centres. 

.       

                                                                                                     


Library day is Wednesday please send your child's book back each week so they can choose a new story or book to share with you.

Gym - we went outside to the big playground on Monday.  Wednesday we continued working on our ball skills bouncing, throwing and catching with a partner.

Ms. Dafoe came to our classroom and taught us some new songs and we even acted out a poem about 5 red apples.


Upcoming Dates: 

October 4th is Blue Day in kindergarten 

October 7 No School

Oct 10 No School - Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog